Authorities said the building was "successfully evacuated" and the inferno, which broke out in the early hours of Friday, was brought under control.
Hundreds of people were evacuated in 2015 from the same building when a massive fire swept through the tower; no major casualties reported in that blaze.
Firefighters from four Civil Defence stations are at the Torch Tower in Dubai's popular Marina neighbourhood. Panels can consist of plastic or polyurethane fillings sandwiched between aluminium sheets, similar to that used on Grenfell Tower. At least 80 people died in the fire at the west London high-rise after residents became trapped in the burning building.
A resident who lives in the building told ABC News that it appears that the fire broke out around the 65th floor and spread down.
United States to Exempt Journalists, Aid Workers from North Korea Travel Ban
However, Mr Tillerson took a more diplomatic approach, saying that " only the North Koreans are to blame for this situation ". And he continued to push for Chinese help to keep pressure on North Korea due to their special economic relationship.
The Torch was damaged by an earlier fire in 2015, BBC News adds. The government is also working toward providing shelter for the affected residents, reports said.
Under Dubai's new fire and safety code, builders are required "to ensure that the flammability of the cladding is as close to zero as possible". This is incidentally the second blaze to hit the skyscraper in as many years.
Authorities later said the fire had been put out, and "cooling operations" were underway.
However, the skyscraper remained closed to residents, some of whom were moved to a nearby and even taller residential tower while others made a decision to stay with friends.
Smoke and fire rise from a high rise building at Marina district in Dubai, United Arab Emirates, Friday, Aug. 4, 2017.
- A Northwestern Professor And Oxford University Employee Are Wanted For Murder
- US Not Seeking to Topple North Korea Regime, Says Tillerson
- United States not seeking North Korea regime change, willing to talk: Rex Tillerson
- Fox News fabricated faux news with Donald Trump, lawsuit claims
- Trump may get tax reform bill by year's end, Rep. Brady says
- Russian athletes banned from singing national hymn at London World Championships hotels
- Mourinho would love Man United to sign world-class forward, claims insider
- China has already conveyed India's claim about the construction of Dokalam road
- Setback to Congress as SC refuses to stay EC notification allowing NOTA
- Vicus Capital Invests $228000 in Tesla Inc. (TSLA)