A Chicago judge has issued an arrest warrant charging a Northwestern University professor with first-degree murder after a 26-year-old man was found brutally stabbed to death in the professor's apartment.
Charlotte Cornell, the mother of Trenton Cornell-Duranleau, issued a statement to The Associated Press as police said the search for Wyndham Lathem, 42, and Andrew Warren, 56, in the slaying had narrowed.
Chicago police officers discovered the body of the victim, Trenton H. James Cornell-Duranleau, inside a 10th-floor apartment unit in the "sophisticated and timeless" Grand Plaza Chicago River North Apartments last Thursday night.
Lathem and Warren, who police described as "armed and risky", are believed to have left Chicago, Guglielmi said.
This is a developing story. One of Lathem's neighbors told ABC he had seen Cornell-Duranleau, who was a licensed cosmetologist originally from MI, around the building before.
56-year-old Andrew Warren is wanted along with United States professor Wyndham Lathem.
Attackers target Shiite mosque in Afghanistan's Herat
Herat, close to the border with Iran, is considered one of Afghanistan's more peaceful cities. Both are dead, a local police spokesperson told AFP .
The Chicago Sun-Times says police are investigating "a variety of motives including a possible domestic incident".
In his LinkedIn profile, Lathem said his research is focused on pathogens and the diseases they cause.
According to Northwestern University spokesman Alan Cubbage, Lathem is an associate professor of microbiology and immunology at the prestigious university.
Cornell-Duranleau was dead inside the Grand Plaza apartment unit when police arrived.
Latham has been placed on administrative leave and barred from entering school property, Cubbage said, noting that the school is cooperating with police and that Latham has worked for Northwestern since 2007.
It has yet to be determined how all three men knew each other, what led to the hairstylist being at Lathem's luxury apartment and what may have inspired the man's vicious murder. He and Cornell-Duranleau (right) were Facebook friends.There are worse places to work on a grant.
- Trump & Senators Make Immigration Policy Announcement
- Discovery Communications, Inc. (DISCK) Sets New 1-Year Low at $23.12
- US Not Seeking to Topple North Korea Regime, Says Tillerson
- Trump may get tax reform bill by year's end, Rep. Brady says
- Sprint shares up after cost cutting Quarter
- Government Launch Bid For European Medicines Agency To Relocated To Dublin
- Most-wanted LeT militant killed in south Kashmir encounter
- Apple Just Leaked A Key iPhone 8 Feature By Accident
- Russian Federation defends slashing U.S. diplomats as Putin warns further retaliation
- Venezuela: two opposition leaders arrested, including the mayor of Caracas