That reversed a loss of $302 million a year ago and beat analysts expectations of a 1 cent a share loss.
Revenues were $8.2 billion in the quarter.
Sprint increased cash capital expenditures to Dollars 1.6 billion in the quarter compared to USD 878 million a year ago.
Shares of Sprint jumped almost 11% this morning after the carrier posted its first quarterly profit in three years and added 88,000 net postpaid subscribers.
Charter is now planning to launch its own wireless service on Verizon Communications Inc's network next year, and analysts have said that renting a network from a wireless carrier will be more costly long term than owning one. In the prior quarter Sprint added 43,000 net postpaid subscribers. Total net additions were 61,000 in the quarter, including postpaid net losses of 39,000, prepaid net additions of 35,000, and wholesale and affiliate net additions of 65,000. In the year-ago quarter Sprint dropped 306,000 prepaid subscribers.
Overall, the company reported fiscal first-quarter net income of $206 million, or 5 cents per share.
Barcelona believe Philippe Coutinho will join for £90m
Meanwhile, Catalan radio station RAC1 has reported that Barça have already reached an agreement over personal terms with Coutinho. Liverpool have put a massive £134MILLION price-tag on the head of Philippe Coutinho , according to reports in Spain.
Sprint reduced postpaid phone churn to 1.5 percent and total postpaid churn was 1.65 percent.
About that rumor that Sprint had set aside talks with T-Mobile during a supposed two month exclusive period to negotiate with Comcast and Charter, Claure said the reports were "not necessarily factual". The total customer base numbered 53.7 million at the end of June, up from 53.4 million a year earlier.
"This represents the progress of a turnaround journey that has delivered improvements in postpaid phone and prepaid customer growth, a return to top-line growth, and a significantly transformed cost structure", said Sprint CEO Marcelo Claure.
The company increased its fiscal year 2017 adjusted EBITDA guidance from a prior range of $10.7 billion to $11.2 billion to a new range of $10.8 billion to $11.2 billion.
Sprint achieved almost $370 million of combined reductions in cost of services and SG&A expenses in the quarter, bringing the total reduction during the last nine quarters to almost $4 billion. The consensus price target was $7.28 before the earnings announcement.
- White House says Trump will sign bipartisan bill on Russia sanctions
- Jeanne Moreau Dies: Legendary French Actress Was 89
- Kentucky, Indiana state fairs ban deadly Fire Ball thrill ride
- Opposition not capable to challenge Narendra Modi in 2019 : Nitish Kumar
- Alexis unhappy with agent Felicevich over Arsenal exit plans
- Apple Just Leaked A Key iPhone 8 Feature By Accident
- Attackers target Shiite mosque in Afghanistan's Herat
- Russian Federation orders United States to cut diplomatic staff
- Reince Priebus: Trump 'wanted to go a different direction'
- Jurgen Klopp Excited By Coutinho And Mo Salah Understanding At Liverpool