Leader of the Opposition in the Rajya Sabha Ghulam Nabi Azad made it clear today that the Congress and other opposition parties would target the government over the issues of Kashmir as well as the stand-off with China.
"If the government thinks that elimination and guns are the only ways to curb tension in Kashmir, we are not with them", he told reporters after an all-party meeting a day before Parliament opens for the monsoon session. JD (U) leader Sharad Yadav has accused the Modi government of failing to fulfil its promises to create jobs and said the opposition parties would raise the matter in Parliament.
The Congress leader said the Opposition is likely to raise the issue of farmer suicides in Madhya Pradesh, GST's impact on the textile industry and the floods in Assam. Elected members of both houses of Parliament and assemblies in states, including the National Capital Region of Delhi and the Union Territory of Puducherry, are eligible to vote.
Azad said the Congress was not in favour of stalling the proceedings of the house but asked the government to come forward and allow the issues for discussion.
Rajya Sabha also adjourned till tomorrow.
Spread over 26 days, the session will have 19 sittings and the government has lined up heavy legislative agenda.
The Prime Minister has this morning thanked all parties for helping launch the mega reform Goods and Services Tax or GST, saying GST also stands for "Growing Strong Together".
Prince George & Princess Charlotte Arrive in Poland in Adorable Style
Prince George wore a red, white and blue check shirt with navy blue shorts and black leather lace-ups. In Germany they are due to visit the Berlin Holocaust Memorial.
- China's property development investment continues slower growth
- Dollar, bond yields dip amid benign U.S. inflation data
- Citigroup Inc 2Q 2017, Wells Fargo & Co 2Q 2017 Earnings Reported
- Russian lobbyist also attended meeting with Trump Jr
- New information in Delphi teens' slayings to be released
- J&K: 3 terrorists killed in Kashmir's Tral, encounter on
- Russia Threatens to Reciprocate US Seizure of Russian Diplomatic Compound
- Lea Michele Posts Heartbreaking Tribute To Cory Monteith, Four Years On
- Legendary Actor Martin Landau Has Passed Away At The Age Of 89
- Maryam Nawaz forged documents, used font not available in 2006: JIT