Pacino is playing Paterno in an upcoming HBO movie about the Penn State scandal centered around PSU assistant football coach, Jerry Sandusky, who habitually raped children at the Penn State athletic facilities.
Paterno was dismissed by Penn State in 2011 in the wake of the Sandusky child sex abuse revelations. Joe Paterno's daughter, Mary Kay Paterno, will be played by Annie Parisse. Edward Pressman and Linday Sloane also executive produce, along with Rick Nicita through his RP Media Company.
China's property development investment continues slower growth
In terms of de-stocking in the property market, the floor space of unsold homes were down 9.6 percent at the end of June. China eliminated around 120 million tonnes of low-end steel capacity in the first six months of this year.
The Joe Paterno biopic was written by Debora Cahn, David McKenna and John C. Richards, and is being produced in association with Sony Pictures Television. The actor was previously tied to the cable network for the biopic, "You Don't Know Jack". The Oscar victor has starred in edgy films such as Scarface, Dog Day Afternoon, Cruising, and Angels in America. The duo's first project, "The Humbling", was released in 2014, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
No release date has been set.
Barry Levinson will direct the movie that is sure to open fresh wounds in the College Station community and beyond, where Paterno supporters are still legion.
- Second Man Charged in Grisly Slayings of 4 Pa. Men
- Go behind-the-scenes of Insomniac Games' Spider-Man
- J&K: 3 terrorists killed in Kashmir's Tral, encounter on
- Australia grieves loss of one of its own in Minneapolis police shooting
- Lea Michele Posts Heartbreaking Tribute To Cory Monteith, Four Years On
- OJ Simpson May Be Released From Prison Soon
- New information in Delphi teens' slayings to be released
- JD(U), RJD heading towards split, indicates BJP
- American Doctor Meets with Charlie Gard's Medical Team
- Brexit talks start as war breaks out among United Kingdom ministers