Assistant Returning Officers and Authorized Agents of the contesting Presidential election candidates were also present during the election process.
The special pens are being used for the first time in the presidential election, in which National Democratic Alliance's Ram Nath Kovind will compete against United Progressive Alliance's Meira Kumar. BJP president Amit Shah announced Kovind's candidature on 19 June 2017 and filed nomination on 23 June 2017. So, 98 MLAs belonging to the DMK and its allies will vote for Meira Kumar.
The election to choose Indias 14th President saw nearly 100 per cent voting on Monday with Lok Sabha Secretary and Returning Officer Anoop Mishra terming it "probably the highest turnout ever".
The Indian legislature including MPs from both houses and MLAs from all the 29 states of the country and union.
Kovind, 72, if elected, will be the second Dalit President after KR Narayanan. It will begin at 10 am and close at 5 pm.
A total of 4,896 voters - 4,120 MLAs and 776 elected MPs - are eligible to cast their ballot.
China's property development investment continues slower growth
In terms of de-stocking in the property market, the floor space of unsold homes were down 9.6 percent at the end of June. China eliminated around 120 million tonnes of low-end steel capacity in the first six months of this year.
"Hope the Electoral College picks the custodian of India's Constitution thoughtfully: Vote to uphold Constitutional Values of our Republic", party general secretary Sitaram Yechury said on Twitter.
The pens for the presidential polls were introduced following a controversy that broke out during voting in the Rajya Sabha polls in Haryana in September 2016. These include 445 Lok Sabha and 194 Rajya Sabha MPs as well as 2,721 MLAs.
Except this, on the other hand, Lok Sabha MPs 445 (82%) out of 543, 194 (84%) out of 231 Rajya Sabha MPs, 2721 (68%) out of 4,078 MLAs from all state and UT congregations are multi-tycoons. While Bhujbal has got the court's permission to cast his vote in the presidential election, Kadam, however, has not been granted permission to exercise his franchise.
The Opposition's candidate, Meira Kumar, visited Mumbai last month to launch her campaign for the top constitutional post.
Ruling NDA's Presidential candidate Ram Nath Kovind has clear edge in terms of numbers.
- 'Little voices' and notes for help from ATM leave users stunned
- 2 charged in slayings of 4 Pennsylvania men
- Rob claims Blac tried strangling him
- Charlie Gard's parents still fighting for their son
- Legendary Actor Martin Landau Has Passed Away At The Age Of 89
- Citigroup Inc 2Q 2017, Wells Fargo & Co 2Q 2017 Earnings Reported
- National Football League finally close to Ezekiel Elliott domestic violence ban
- Colorado joins US Climate Alliance as 14th member
- Russia Threatens to Reciprocate US Seizure of Russian Diplomatic Compound
- 'Aladdin' cast for live-action adaptation revealed