There has been much speculation about who will be taking on the roles in the Guy Ritchie remake of the 1992 hit film. Fans of Jack Ryan will get to see Massoud in the new series that stars John Krasinski in the title role.
Guy Ritchie, who has always been rumoured as the director was also confirmed as the man behind the camera.
Names including Massoud's, Achraf Koutet and George Kosturos were among those circulating the internet for weeks prior to Disney's announcement. Variety reported that Smith had been eyeing a family-friendly film as his next project, after appearing in mostly adult dramas and action films such as Suicide Squad and Collateral Beauty past year. Start dream-casting Jafar!
The film - which was the highest grossing of that year - told the story of Aladdin a young street urchin who falls in love with the handsome princess Jasmine.
'Little voices' and notes for help from ATM leave users stunned
A man, hidden behind the machine , was locked in the service room that housed the ATM. "Please call my boss at 210-***-****". He had been stuck there for two hours and people who saw the note initially ignored it thinking it was a joke .
Will Smith will voice the Genie.
Aladdin is set to begin shooting in August in London.
Dan Lin is producing Aladdin through his company Lin Pictures, and Jonathan Eirich has been named executive producer. The retelling is expected to keep the musical elements from the animated version.
He is granted three wishes by a genie trapped in a lamp which he used to make himself a prince so he can marry her, while evil Jafar tries to ruin his plan.
- Russia Threatens to Reciprocate US Seizure of Russian Diplomatic Compound
- Charlie Gard's parents still fighting for their son
- Russian lobbyist also attended meeting with Trump Jr
- Severe weather, flooding possible across southeast MI
- 2 charged in slayings of 4 Pennsylvania men
- National Football League finally close to Ezekiel Elliott domestic violence ban
- Republican senator: no reason not to pass Russia sanctions bill
- Jailed Nobel victor , dissident dies in China
- Under the roof, Djokovic advances to Wimbledon quarterfinals
- Dollar, bond yields dip amid benign U.S. inflation data