"It was a terrorist coup attempt perpetrated by the Fetullah Terrorist Organization", Fatih Ulusoy said, during a news conference held at his office in Addis Ababa to mark the first anniversary of the July 15, 2016 defeated coup attempt.
According to the Turkish government, the Gülenist Terror Group (FETÖ) and its US -based leader Fetullah Gülen orchestrated the defeated coup of July 15, 2016, which left 249 people martyred and almost 2,200 injured.
Still, after a tumultuous year, Mr. Erdogan's justifications for his post-coup norm are beginning to wear thin - and even starting to be drowned out by criticism from Turkey's newly energized opposition, putting pressure on an increasingly authoritarian president still reliant on democratic institutions.
None of that mattered during the three-and-a-half months she was in jail. You have more freedom than me.
State-run Anadolu news agency said Avci was accused of membership of the "Gulenist Terror Organisation" (FETO), as Turkey refers to the movement of US-based cleric Fethullah Gulen, an ally-turned-foe of Erdogan.
Under the roof, Djokovic advances to Wimbledon quarterfinals
Since winning the French Open previous year to complete his career Grand Slam, Djokovic has failed to win another major title. There was a brief rain delay on the opening day of the tournament, but the roof stayed open and the rain went away.
The crackdown has extended from Gulenists to other opponents of the government, including Kurdish activists, human rights groups and journalists.
"We are talking about a structure (going back) more than 40 years, hence it is not possible to cleanse it in one day". The film portrayed Erdogan in largely admiring terms as a child and as Istanbul mayor when he was jailed for reciting a religiously themed poem. It the complaint is pursued, it could be considered as an arrest warrant issued against Erdogan.
"You are speaking more than me".
In the aftermath, the government imposed a nationwide state of emergency and arrested tens of thousands of alleged Gulen supporters, known as Gulenists.
- Dana White: Conor McGregor may never fight again after Mayweather
- Showtime's Stephen Espinoza: It wasn't me who silenced Conor McGregor's microphone
- Charlie Gard's parents still fighting for their son
- Military Plane Crash Investigation Continues
- FULL LIST: Emmy's Short Form Category Nominees
- Ailing China dissident Liu still getting emergency treatment: hospital
- Roger Federer vs Milos Raonic Quarter Finals Wimbledon Men's Singles 2017
- Alabama triple murder suspect could be headed to Florida's Gulf Coast
- Colorado joins US Climate Alliance as 14th member
- 5 judge Constitution Bench of SC to hear Aadhaar related matters