Sharif's children were linked to offshore companies in the British Virgin Islands which were then used to purchase expensive property in London, and the Pakistan federal investigation agency believed the properties were bought with laundered money.
Sharif in a statement after meeting his cabinet in the Pakistani capital Islamabad on Thursday described the probe as "slander".
Resignation aside, it was mutually agreed by all members that the party will strongly challenge JIT's report in the supreme court.
These technicalities could prove critical if the country's Supreme Court decides to take further action. The editorial found fault with the Sharif family in not going the extra mile to provide evidence and explanations to the satisfaction of the investigators. The report further said Sharif tried to "parry most of the questions" by giving indefinite answers or by stating that "he does not remember, ostensibly to hide facts".
Sharif, 67, has been defiant in his condemnation of the report that alleges his family's income from business was not large enough to explain its wealth.
"There is not a single word about the corruption committed by Nawaz Sharif in the JIT report" maintained the prime minister.
Disappearance of 4 men in Pennsylvania — TIMELINE
On Monday, police arrested Cosmo Dinardo on a prior felony weapons charge and are now considering him a person of interest. He was released from Bucks County jail on Tuesday night after 10 percent of his $1 million bail was paid by his father.
Nearly all opposition parties, including the Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf (PTI) and the Pakistan People's Party (PPP), have asked the prime minister to resign.
Meanwhile, several opposition parties have asked Sharif to step down or they will launch a campaign for his removal. If three judges agree on the findings of JIT, Mr. Sharif could face disqualification from politics.
The probe team said Maryam claimed herself to be "trustee not the owner" of Avenfield properties in London, which linked her to Minerva Services and Samba Financial, Geo News reported.
The Calibri font is the default font Microsoft uses in its Office 365 suite and has been the default in the company's core products for some time, but now it's at the center of a major investigation in the Panama case. However, the ruling party leaders remarked that they will contest the "concocted" report in the Supreme Court.
The cabinet reposed full confidence in the leadership of the prime minister and endorsed his firm decision not to step down.
- Colorado joins US Climate Alliance as 14th member
- Military Plane Crash Investigation Continues
- Under the roof, Djokovic advances to Wimbledon quarterfinals
- Citigroup Inc 2Q 2017, Wells Fargo & Co 2Q 2017 Earnings Reported
- Senate Intelligence Committee list of interviewees expands amid Trump Jr. email controversy
- National Football League finally close to Ezekiel Elliott domestic violence ban
- Jailed Nobel victor , dissident dies in China
- 'Little voices' and notes for help from ATM leave users stunned
- Quentin Tarantino developing movie about Manson Family murders
- Donald Trump seeks talks to overhaul South Korean trade deal