In case you wondering if this is true, it absolutely is! Drivers pulling up to the cash machine saw notes being pushed through the receipt slot begging for help.
The unidentified contractor, who had left his cellphone in his truck, encountered a problem with the lock. According to Corpus Christi police officer Richard Olden, despite a few failed attempts a concerned citizen finally called the police after they saw the note coming out of the ATM's receipt slot. A man, hidden behind the machine, was locked in the service room that housed the ATM. "Please call my boss at 210-***-****".
The man had apparently put several notes through the machine, though previous customers either didn't notice them or thought they were a joke.
On Wednesday afternoon local time, the contractor (whose name has not been released) was fixing a lock in a room connected to a Bank of America ATM when, suddenly, he trapped himself in.
Disappearance of 4 men in Pennsylvania — TIMELINE
On Monday, police arrested Cosmo Dinardo on a prior felony weapons charge and are now considering him a person of interest. He was released from Bucks County jail on Tuesday night after 10 percent of his $1 million bail was paid by his father.
The officers verified the man's employment with the man's superior, Hooper said. Eventually, however, the police were called and heard "a faint voice from inside the machine". For almost three hours the man kept providing the handwritten note to customers hoping that someone would take his plea seriously. "It's got to be a joke", he added.
"Everyone is OK, but you will never see this in your life, that somebody was stuck in the ATM, it was just insane", Olden said.
He had been stuck there for two hours and people who saw the note initially ignored it thinking it was a joke.
- Colorado joins US Climate Alliance as 14th member
- Quentin Tarantino developing movie about Manson Family murders
- Showtime's Stephen Espinoza: It wasn't me who silenced Conor McGregor's microphone
- Ailing China dissident Liu still getting emergency treatment: hospital
- Under the roof, Djokovic advances to Wimbledon quarterfinals
- 5 judge Constitution Bench of SC to hear Aadhaar related matters
- Senate Intelligence Committee list of interviewees expands amid Trump Jr. email controversy
- UK Welcomes Spanish King and Queen With Military Pomp
- Januzaj leaves Manchester United for Real Sociedad
- Japan's ancient ritual site Okinoshima joins World Heritage sites