Residents of a Florida neighborhood evacuated their homes as the ground opened up beneath them, ripping two houses apart as they tumbled into a massive pool of water.
Tobin said surrounding homes have been evacuated.
Firefighters were able to get two dogs out of the home and retrieve some belongings before the first home started collapsing into the quickly-expanding hole.
This is a breaking news story.
It's unknown at this time what caused the sinkhole to form.
Pasco County Fire and Rescue confirmed that one home had been completely destroyed and a second was at approximately 60 percent loss.
The sinkhole is located at 21835 Ocean Pines Drive in Land O' Lakes.
Severe weather, flooding possible across southeast MI
This will cause minor flooding in the advisory area, especially of low-lying and poor-drainage areas in downtown Kannapolis. It was at 17.19 feet at 5:30 a.m. today and expected to fall out of the action stage around 8 p.m. today.
Authorities said the neighborhood has experienced a sinkhole before.
He says it was "frightening" to watch the home disappear into the hole.
Power is out at about 100 homes in the area of the sink hole, crews are working to restore it.
There is a 200 foot perimeter around the hole.
The sinkhole is threatening other homes in the area.
"We're now in a situation where we are trying to conserve property". The home last sold in 2015, according to records. "Mother Nature is going to take what Mother Nature takes".
- FULL LIST: Emmy's Short Form Category Nominees
- Senate Intelligence Committee list of interviewees expands amid Trump Jr. email controversy
- Charlie Gard's parents still fighting for their son
- Gymboree closing at West Acres Mall
- Quentin Tarantino developing movie about Manson Family murders
- US Will Welcome Afghan Girls' Robotics Team To Compete After All
- Colorado joins US Climate Alliance as 14th member
- 'Morning Joe' Host Scarborough Says He's Done With Republican Party
- Januzaj leaves Manchester United for Real Sociedad
- Disappearance of 4 men in Pennsylvania — TIMELINE