Since being called up by the Yankees in June, Webb has pitched seven games, striking out five and walking four. The Brewers contributed to that damage, scoring two of the six runs he allowed and coming back against him to tie and eventually beat NY last Friday.
The lefty who will turn 27 next week was a 10th round pick in 2013. The rest of the season, Webb has dominated at Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre, going 2-1, with a 3.24 ERA in 21 relief appearances. He has a low-90s fastball, but also possesses a plus slider, an effective changeup and, as his minor-league walk rate indicates (2.43 walks per nine innings), he locates well. But the Brewers already have two first baseman at the Major League level in Eric Thames and Jesus Aguilar.
The Brewers will decide before they return to action tomorrow night whether to add Webb to their bullpen or assign him to Colorado Springs. A right-handed batter, Cooper had not hit more than nine home runs in a single season prior to this year.
Virat Kohli leads in congratulating Mithali Raj
Mithali was first mentored by late Sampath Kumar and her raw talent was fine-tuned at Keye's High School for quite long. Kiran Baluch of Pakistan broke this record in March 2004, scoring 242 runs against West Indies in a Match.
Whether the answer to the Yankees' first base riddle is Bird, or Cooper, or the hodgepodge of youngsters that have held the job amid continual injury issues, the team will have to nail down a reliable solution if they want to stay in contention down the stretch.
Lefty-hitting Ji-Main Choi is now the Yankees' seventh starting first baseman since Greg Bird (bruised right ankle) went on the disabled list.
- Dana White: Conor McGregor may never fight again after Mayweather
- US Will Welcome Afghan Girls' Robotics Team To Compete After All
- Donald Trump seeks talks to overhaul South Korean trade deal
- 5 judge Constitution Bench of SC to hear Aadhaar related matters
- 'Morning Joe' Host Scarborough Says He's Done With Republican Party
- Disappearance of 4 men in Pennsylvania — TIMELINE
- Japan's ancient ritual site Okinoshima joins World Heritage sites
- Quentin Tarantino developing movie about Manson Family murders
- Charlie Gard's parents still fighting for their son
- Somebody Has Officially Registered The Rock To Run For President