- "Stranger Things." Yes, this beloved series, full of supernatural creeps, did win a Golden Globe award earlier this year, so maybe we shouldn't be all that surprised. (Handmaid's marked Hulu's first nomination in a major category). HBO led the nominations with 110 total, followed by Netflix with 91, NBC with 60, and FX with 54.
Also not receiving nominations in major categories for their final seasons were Girls (although it did receive a few nominations in the guest acting categories), Bloodline (but last year's supporting actor drama victor Ben Mendelsohn did score a guest actor in a drama series nomination for his brief role in the Netflix series' third season) and The Leftovers.
Amazon's "Transparent" had been nominated for best comedy series for the past two years, but was left out this time around.
Gymboree closing at West Acres Mall
As of April 29, the company had about 1,281 stores across its Gymboree, Gymboree Outlet, Janie and Jack, and insane 8 brands. Traditional retailers have been struggling to deal with strong competition from online companies and slowing mall traffic.
HBO (which we count as a streamer, given its availability to cord cutters) is on the board with nominations for "Silicon Valley" and "Veep", which will go up against Netflix's "Master of None" and "Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt".
The Emmys happen September 17 at the Microsoft Theater in Los Angeles.
Notable genre snubs included The Leftovers, which only got one nomination (Ann Dowd, also for Guest Actress in a Drama Series), Marvel's Netflix suite (a Stunt Coordination nod for Luke Cage) and Legion, which got a big ol' goose egg. FX's "Atlanta", plus ABC's "Black-ish" and "Modern Family" close out the category.
- Military Plane Crash Investigation Continues
- Gold hovers near four-month low, undermined by firm dollar
- US Will Welcome Afghan Girls' Robotics Team To Compete After All
- 'Morning Joe' Host Scarborough Says He's Done With Republican Party
- Alabama triple murder suspect could be headed to Florida's Gulf Coast
- Under the roof, Djokovic advances to Wimbledon quarterfinals
- Somebody Has Officially Registered The Rock To Run For President
- Showtime's Stephen Espinoza: It wasn't me who silenced Conor McGregor's microphone
- Ailing China dissident Liu still getting emergency treatment: hospital
- UK Welcomes Spanish King and Queen With Military Pomp