The committee's overall goal is "to build a grassroots community of Americans to show to Mr. Johnson that his incredible popularity as an actor and public figure can translate into politics seamlessly", Tilford said.
But The Rock's supporters and boosters are not sitting idly by and letting The Rock just not start taking the steps to run for President.
It's real. It's on the books.
His name appeared in a FEC Form 1 document on the FEC website Tuesday, alongside the title of a new political entity called "Run The Rock 2020". However, it should be noted the paperwork was not filed by Johnson himself, but by a West Virginia resident named Kenton Tilford.
"While there has been significant discussion of the possibility of The Rock running for President, there is now no avenue for supporters to channel their energies and get Mr Johnson to notice the groundswell of support he has in the grassroots", Tilford continued. The actor's connection with Tilford is not yet clear. "Leadership would be important".
Chelsea Target Expected To Miss Pre-Season Training, Blues Move Looms
The swoop comes just 48 hours after the Red Devils hijacked Chelsea's move for Romelu Lukaku, landing him for £75m. New Crystal Palace manager Frank de Boer wants to sign out-of-favour Barcelona centre-back Thomas Vermaelen.
He attended both the Republican and Democratic National Conventions in 2000.
Our current president is a former reality star, who has been accused of several illegalities.
Is The Rock actually qualified to make a presidential run?
"Now, in the past I would have never considered running for president".
In case you're curious, The Rock has said he's an independent.
The man behind the People's Elbow might just be the people's choice for president.
- Sharif's son appears again before Panamagate probe team
- Pres. Trump sued for blocking some of his critics on Twitter
- Raptors expect to waive newly-acquired Justin Hamilton
- Imran asks PM Nawaz to resign following JIT report
- Honda links 11th USA death to faulty Takata airbags
- Jaylen Brown Embraces Leadership Role On Celtics' Las Vegas Summer League Team
- Internet reacts to Ivanka sitting in for Trump at G20 meeting
- Three cups of coffee a day may extend lifespan
- Trump's thinking about a tariff could trigger 'global recession'
- Pliskova to No. 1 for 1st time despite early Wimbledon loss