The Congress party was in a soup earlier this day when the grand old party first denied that Rahul met with Chinese envoy Luo Zhaohui, but later accepted and revealed that the party vice president met Bhutanese envoy as well. And in the process, he launched yet another scathing attack on PM Narendra Modi over the ongoing Sikkim standoff.
"It is my job to be informed on critical issues". I met the Chinese ambassador, ex-NSA (Shiv Shankar Menon), Congress leaders from the Northeast & the Bhutanese ambassador.
Hitting back at the government, Rahul said if it was so concerned about his July 8 meeting with the Chinese envoy how did three union ministers enjoy Chinese hospitality "while the border issue is on".
Amid the growing Sikkim standoff, Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi met Chinese envoy Luo Zhaohui, confirmed Congress.
While the BJP and the Chinese Embassy said he did, the Congress initially denied any such meeting, terming it as "fake".
F1: Valtteri Bottas earns pole at Austrian GP
Hamilton will slot in in eighth ahead of the Force India duo of Sergio Perez and Esteban Ocon. Today it is still hard to judge, but the vehicle is very good and we made some improvements.
Adopting an aggressvie stand after the slip up, Congress spokesperson Manish Tewari questioned Modi's decision to meet Xi in Hamburg, especially after the Chinese had made it known that a structured bilateral meeting is not possible due to the stand-off in the borders.
Surjewala termed it a "courtesy call" and said envoys of G5, as well as neighbouring countries, keep meeting Congress president Sonia Gandhi and the vice-president from time to time. China has said it will only engage in a dialogue with India after it withdraws its troops.
Troops from the two sides have been facing-off close to a valley controlled by China that gives it access to the so-called Chicken's Neck, a thin strip of land that connects India to its remote northeastern regions. "They should re-verify that we still have diplomatic relations with all our neighbours", Surjewala said.
The Congress had been questioning the "silence" of the prime minister on Chinese aggression along the border and has asked the government to spell out its strategy to ease the tension in Doklam area near the Bhutan tri-junction.
Bhutan recognises as Dokalam as its area while China claims it as part of its Donglang region.
- Tillerson Set To Meet Poroshenko In First Official Visit To Ukraine
- U.S. bounces back, tops Spain to claim bronze medal in World Cup
- 'Using profanities and vulgar language' - actor Shia LaBeouf arrested for public drunkennes
- Gulf crisis: Qatar to seek compensation for damages caused by Arab blockade
- Ankle sprain reportedly ends Markelle Fultz's summer league campaign
- Senior police official, two others die in Pakistan blast
- Palestinians, Israelis square off on UNESCO vote on Hebron
- England captain Joe Root falls just short of double-century at Lord´s
- Raptors expect to waive newly-acquired Justin Hamilton
- Tax incidence on sanitary napkins lowered to 12% under GST