Gas prices continue to drop because of increased inventories and lower demand nationally, even though holiday travel usually prompts price increases at the pump.
Kauai gas prices range from $3.29 for a gallon of regular unleaded in Lihue to about $2.70 a gallon at Costco, and about $3.60 a gallon on the North Shore. This week's statewide average of $2.05 per gallon is two cents lower than last week at this time.
AAA says record refinery rates, high gasoline and crude inventory are among the contributing factors causing the downard price trend. GasBuddy spotters put the South Haven average at $2.14, though just one station is selling gas for more than $2.13 a gallon.
Motorists in 94 Kansas communities are now enjoying average prices of $2 per gallon or less, AAA Kansas notes.
Novak Djokovic eases past Daniil Medvedev to reach Eastbourne International final
Saturday's win was Djokovic's first title success since January and he admits he heads into Wimbledon with renewed optimism. Didn't get the trophy but I didn't do well in Wimbledon, so hopefully, I believe it can change with this trophy this year.
After making gains toward the end of the week, West Texas Intermediate was floating above $46 per barrel this morning. This would lead to an overall increase of roughly 8.9 percent over last year - which is mostly being attributed to the lowered cost in fuel and a slight uptick in employment and income over the last year.
For those hoping to visit Orlando theme parks and stay at on-site or nearby hotels, hopefully, you made reservations ahead of time and expect to stand in a lot of lines with Orlando being AAA's number one expected travel destination for the Fourth of July weekend.
Most market watchers will await EIA's report this week to see if output rates begin to reverse course, which could increase prices later on during the summer.
- Woman killed as Indian troops clash with Kashmir rebels
- Elon Musk To Reveal Tesla Model 3 Launch Details
- Ken Paxton, 9 other states urge Trump Administration to end DACA
- Hong Kong in Photos: 1997 to 2017
- New information expected in teen's road rage killing
- Jeff Teague agrees to three-year, $57 million deal with Wolves
- Jared Kushner and Ivanka Trump Receive $0 From White House Positions
- Qatar defiant as deadline nears to resolve Gulf rift
- JJ Redick Rumors: 76ers, Timberwolves, Nets Interested in SG
- Man Charged and Arrested in Kidnapping of Chinese Scholar