There is a slight risk for severe weather over northwest Iowa as well as the far southeastern corner of the state.
The first round of storms will push out by mid-morning.
With strong southwest winds bringing/maintaining increasingly warm moist unstable air overhead and a slow-moving low pressure and associated cold front to our west, timing of the severe storms will most likely coincide with the peak-heating portion of the afternoon into the evening hours each day.
A few severe storms to impact southeast Colorado today.
"Damaging winds and large hail will remain the primary threats, though with multiple rounds of thunderstorms, locally heavy rainfall is also possible", the weather service said.
No verdict Tuesday in Bill Cosby sexual assault case
That was followed by a fiery broadside from Constand's civil attorney, Dolores Troiani, who said the witness' claims were untrue. Last week, Pulliam gave a similar statement to ET, again making it clear that she doesn't "condone or support sexual assault".
The main round of storms is expected in the Kansas City area Wednesday night as a line of storms drop south out of Iowa.
We'll be keeping a close eye on it, and continue to have updates on our 40/29 Newscasts in the evenings and mornings.
This weekend is turning out to be drier especially Sunday with the storm chance returning late Sunday (likely after sunset but will keep the storm chance in just in case storms develop late afternoon). A series of mid-level shortwave troughs will migrate across the northern tier of the Lower 48 and provide some impetus for severe weather threat: 1) across Minnesota/Iowa that will reach the western Great Lakes by 12Z Thursday and 2) across the northern Rockies that will amplify and migrate southeastward toward the High Plains by the end of the period. The main threats are damaging winds between 50 and 80 miles per hour and large hail.
According to a broadcast report to the National Weather Service, more than one-thousand customers lost power in Scottsbluff, with several trees snapped in half during strong storms. Highs will be in the mid-upper 80s and slightly more humid on Sunday.
- US to list China among worst human trafficking offenders
- Microsoft, Rival Box Team Up On Cloud
- IOS 11 public beta: should you download it?
- President Temer of Brazil accused of taking bribes from meat company JBS
- Family Sue Brain-Eating Amoeba Infested Water Park
- Ex-Wisconsin LB TJ Watt signs 4-year deal with Steelers
- Western Digital says resubmitted bid with KKR for Toshiba's chip unit
- Sprint in exclusive talks with Charter, Comcast on wireless deal
- Radeon Vega Frontier Edition launches today for $999 and up
- Leslie Jones accuses the Ritz-Carlton Los Angeles hotel of racism