The minister pointed out that there was a need to consider development of a green field airport at Jewar, since the IGI airport located here will be utilising its full passenger handling capacity in another 4-8 years time.
Of the total land, 1,000 hectares will be acquired under the first phase of airport development, which will cost Rs 2,000 crore.
The Minister said that UP Government has also taken up the issue of regional air connectivity service, Buddhist helicopter service and Ganga Darshan air service with the Union Civil Aviation Ministry. The panel gave its nod after taking inputs from the Airports Authority of India (AAI), the Directorate General of Civil Aviation, the Defence Ministry, the Finance Ministry and the NITI Aayog. In 2016-17, it handled 57.7 million passengers.
"Noida International Airport will cater to 30-50 million passengers per year over the next 10-15 years", Raju tweeted.
Trump's first Ramadan and his good Muslims
The Fiqh Council of North America (FCNA) however, has already announced Eid will be celebrated on June 25 this year. The dates can be adjusted slightly nearer the time due to lunar sightings and changes each year.
The airport will be spread over 3,000 hectares and will bring in investments of up to Rs 20,000 crore. "The airport will be a growth driver not only for NCR but also western UP".
He said the new airport will also provide seamless domestic and worldwide connectivity to western U.P. with Noida, Agra, Mathura, Meerut, Vrindavan, Moradabad and Bulandshahr likely to serve as the catchment area for the airport. The YEIDA is expected to complete land acquisition and conduct a techno-economic feasibility study for the project within one year.
As per the development plan, the Uttar Pradesh government will implement the project through the Yamuna Expressway Industrial Development Authority (YEIDA).
After coming to power, the new government is batting for more infrastructure in the state.in April, Uttar Pradesh chief minister Yogi Adityanath had asked officers to work on building airports in Agra and Jewar and hold discussions with the Centre on the matter, PTI had reported earlier.
He said that the land parcel identified by the U.P. government is mainly agricultural land, so rehabilitation will not be a major issue since it is not inhabited land.
- US Navy destroyer collision site in Japan known for congested nighttime traffic
- NEET 2017 Results: Nada Fatima, 02 others from Kerala among top 25
- High Expectations For CoreSite Realty Corporation (NYSE:COR), But Is There Upside?
- Trump disputes Russian interference in 2016 election
- Cosby accuser to resume testimony in sex assault trial
- 62 killed in multiple blasts and firing in 3 Pakistani cities
- Diaspora Indians 'real ambassadors' of India in Portugal: PM Narendra Modi
- Russian Federation regrets new USA sanctions, mulls retaliatory moves
- Former Nickelodeon stars Drake & Josh aren't friends anymore
- Senate Judiciary Committee Investigating Former Attorney General Loretta Lynch