In California, retailers receive a $1 million retailer bonus for selling the winning ticket.
Alberre owns the store with his father, who has owned it for 26 years. The Powerball jackpot has grown up to $435 million, after more than two months without a victor.
Before the drawing Saturday night the jackpot was estimated at $435 million (£341million). The victor has a year to come forward and claim the prize, and can choose to cash in a prize of $279.1 million or to receive the full amount in installments over 29 years.
"We're very, very grateful for this to happen to our store".
The jackpot is the tenth biggest in USA history and has odds of winning that are one in 292 million. The other option of a lump-sum payout would reduce the cash prize to $279 million.
London council evacuates residents amid fire safety concerns
In a statement on Friday evening Ms Gould said firefighters and council officials had inspected the estate on Friday. Detective Superintendent Fiona McCormack says officers have seized documents in the investigation into the fire.
Chris Raff of Lincoln, Neb., hands a Powerball ticket to a customer in Omaha, Neb., Saturday, June 10, 2017.
A SOLE winning lottery ticket in the U.S. has bagged the entire £350 million jackpot, officials have confirmed. Both amounts do not figure in a deduction for taxes.
No one has won the jackpot since April 1, thus the reason for its large size.
The store is at 27985 Bradley Road in the Sun City community in the city of Menifee.
Menifee has about 89,000 residents. California is one of 44 states, plus Washington, D.C., Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, that participate in Powerball.
- Former Nickelodeon stars Drake & Josh aren't friends anymore
- Roger Federer reaches semi-finals at Gerry Weber Open in Halle
- Trump signs 'historic' bill to transform VA
- 62 killed in multiple blasts and firing in 3 Pakistani cities
- Amateur radio 'Field Day' set for June 24-25
- NEET 2017 Results: Nada Fatima, 02 others from Kerala among top 25
- First phase of Jewar airport gets government nod
- Trump's first Ramadan and his good Muslims
- Russian Federation regrets new USA sanctions, mulls retaliatory moves
- High Expectations For CoreSite Realty Corporation (NYSE:COR), But Is There Upside?