At least 10 people are feared dead and over 50 injured as two subsequent explosions hit in Parachinar in Kurram Agency.
No group has immediately claimed responsibility for the attack but the region has been battered by bitter sectarian violence, in which Sunni militant groups have targeted Pakistan's minority Shiite Muslims in the area. The two blasts were the second deadly bomb attack in the country of the day and took place at a market, senior government official Wazir Khan Wazir said. The explosion took place near the office of the provincial police chief, but officials said it was not clear if he was the target of the bombing.
The Pakistani town of Parachinar was rocked by the explosions while people were buying food for Iftar, the meal breaking fast during Ramadan.
Rescue operations are underway.
Earlier, Medical Superintendent of the District General Hospital, Parachinar, Sabir Hussain, said that at least 25 people are killed and over 100 others injured in the blasts.
List of GOP lawmakers found in Virginia shooter's pocket
Scalise's doctor, Jack Sava, said Scalise will need further operations but he is expected to be able to walk and run again. Police said it was unclear whether James Hodgkinson planned to target the lawmakers on his list, which included Reps.
Baluchistan government spokesman Anwar ul Haq Kakar said the blast happened near the office of the inspector general of police when officers stopped the auto to search it near a checkpoint.
DIG Quetta Abdul Razzaq Cheema, addressing the media, said they are examining CCTV footage to determine the details of the incident.
The site of the blast was surrounded by security personnel and the injured persons were shifted to nearby hospitals.
Later in March, an explosion targeting a security forces convoy occurred on Saryab Road. At least 13 bodies were taken to hospital, along with 19 wounded people, said Wasim Baig, a spokesman for the Civil Hospital in Quetta.
- Modern Warfare Remastered standalone confirmed, PS4 users get first shot
- Trump disputes Russian interference in 2016 election
- Tropical Storm Cindy forms in the Gulf of Mexico
- Russia says Trump is using 'Cold War rhetoric' on Cuba
- Microsoft Wants To Bring Xbox Emulation Onto The PC
- US Congress baseball game brings unity after shooting of Republican Steve Scalise
- Defending champion Knox seeks River Highlands lift
- 2 dead in Chicago Skyway shooting identified
- Teen accidentally shot by deputies fending off dog
- Senate to White House on health care: No Trump, please