This hapless pair of reporters, who didn't give Hodgkinson's name until Paragraph 9, somehow missed, or refused to report, additional details reported at the Daily Caller, Fox News, and even the New York Times. House Majority Whip Steve Scalise (R-La.) was shot near the hip and continues to fight for his life in the MedStar Washington Hospital Center. Bernie Sanders. In social media posts and letters to the editor of the Belleville News-Democrat, Hodgkinson often criticized Republicans and called for higher taxes on the wealthy. Franks added that "it's clear that (the shooting) was premeditated", but he declined to confirm the existence of a possible list, citing the ongoing investigation.
The offices of Brooks and Franks said they had no comment, and referred questions to Capitol Police.
U.S. Rep. Mike Bost, a Murphysboro Republican whose 12th Congressional District covers the Belleville, Illinois, area, has said Hodgkinson contacted his offices a number of times, but none of the communication seemed threatening, according to Bost spokesman George O'Connor.
Police said it was unclear whether James Hodgkinson planned to target the lawmakers on his list, which included Reps.
White Officers Fatally Shoot Black Woman Who Reported Burglary
Both officers opened fire and the woman was struck multiple times . " We need help ", an officer says. When officers went to the fourth floor, they confronted by Lyles who was allegedly wielding a knife.
As for Scalise, he's still in critical condition, but he's improving.
Rep. Ron DeSantis, R-Fla., and Rep. Jeff Duncan, R-S.C., had left the field early and actually crossed paths with the shooter in the parking lot.
Scalise's doctor, Jack Sava, said Scalise will need further operations but he is expected to be able to walk and run again.
According to an Federal Bureau of Investigation statement issued on Thursday, agents also recovered a cell phone, a computer, and a camera in the shooter's van.
"Many lives would have been lost if not for the heroic actions of the two Capitol Police officers who took down the gunman despite sustaining gunshot wounds during a very, very brutal assault", Trump said.
- German minister sees hope of 'soft' Brexit, with conditions
- Republicans Divided as Trump Reverses Some Obama Cuba Policy
- Gas prices in Massachusetts down 5 cents per gallon
- MSCI adds China A shares to index
- Cosby alternate juror 'probably' would have convicted
- Trump calls House health care bill 'mean'
- Miles Teller Arrested for Public Drunkenness
- Fox Sports Commentator Accidentally Identifies Brooks Koepka's Girlfriend as His Ex
- Australia suspends airstrikes in Syria after US downed jet
- Trump delays effective date of travel ban amid court battle