Sooraj suffered injuries in one of his eyes, the chief minister said, adding it was unfortunate.
Amid mounting protest across the country to condemn the Union Government's decision to ban the sale of cows and buffaloes for slaughter, a group of students in IIT-M allegedly organised a beef fest in the campus on last Sunday to oppose Centre's move on cattle trade.
A group of 70 to 80 students held the beef festivalon Sunday evening to demonstrate against the Centre's notification and underline that they had a right to choose their own food. A group of eight students, belonging to the Vivekananda Study Circle, approached him, and asked, if he had participated in the beef eating event? It is only to regulate the animal market and the sale of cattle in these markets, and ensuring welfare of cattle dealt in market.
Philippines says militants shot dead at least 16 civilians
The gunmen were still holding out in two areas and soldiers have begun door-to-door searches. Many more were believed to be trapped inside the city.
The state's ruling Communist Party of India-Marxist held over 300 "beef festivals" across Kerala where cooked beef was freely served. "And the rule provides for a strict animal monitoring committee and an animal market committee at the local level", Vardhan told ANI.
However, a day after notifying the modifications, the ministry said that the animals for the goal of slaughter could be procured directly from the farmers at their respective farms. The rules also state that the purchaser shall not sacrifice the animal for any religious goal or sell it to a person outside the state without permission and must keep in with the state's cattle protection laws.
- Hogenkamp backs renaming of Margaret Court Arena
- Chemists on all-India strike today. Here's how it will impact you
- Here's what Amitabh Bachchan tweets about Aishwarya Rai
- NH has a determined spelling champ
- British Columbia Greens, NDP to make announcement on province's govt (KMI)
- Draymond Green not bored by another Cavs-Dubs Finals matchup
- Sony officially marks the end of the PS3
- Kyrgios aces way into 2nd round at French Open
- Strong wind, storms blamed for 11 deaths in Moscow; 70 hurt
- Rajinikanth fans stage protest against fringe outfits