"Last year, in 2016, 144 law enforcement officers lost their lives in the United States, or its territories", said Brothers.
President Donald Trump on Monday vowed to seek a solution to the violence committed against police during the 36th Annual National Peace Officers' Memorial Service on Capitol Hill.
A wreath was placed at the Fallen Peace Officer Memorial in Sunner Park in Cedar Rapids to remember fallen officers.
This President knows in his heart that to make America safe again we must also restore the tradition of respect and honor that is owed to every member of the law enforcement community in America. "As a partner with the law enforcement community, we feel a sense of responsibility to showcase all of the positive work that they do all year long as well as be a resource for them".
US admiral: N. Korea's actions 'recipe for disaster'
Pyongyang defends its weapons programs as necessary to counter US hostility and regularly threatens to destroy the United States. Speaking ahead of an emergency meeting of the U.N.
The president signed a proclamation Monday declaring the day "Peace Officer Memorial Day" and the upcoming week "Police Week".
Several officers said that by the end of the week, they hoped to visit the National Law Enforcement Officers' Memorial itself, where there are several newly etched names in the marble. "And every hear ache known by your families in law enforcement is a sorrow shared by the entire family of the American nation", the Daily Mail quoted the President as saying.
All fallen officers were to be remembered at events scheduled to be held in Washington, D.C., as part of National Police Week. In humble appreciation of our hard-working law enforcement officers, Melania and I will light the White House in blue on May 15. "We pay tribute to their strength, their honor, their courage, and comfort those or try to comfort those who they left behind", said Homeland Security Secretary John Kelly. "We are forever in their debt and always grateful to them".
"Many of us officers, we have crossed paths at some point".
- Young girl pulled off Steveston wharf by sea lion
- German policewoman is first top-flight female football ref
- Bomb Goes Off In Military Hospital Injuring Elderly Patients
- Rajnath speaks to Parrikar over Goa bridge collapse
- Analysts Opinions on: Target Corp. (TGT)
- John Terry has made most of season on periphery at Chelsea
- Green calls for impeachment on floor of Congress
- NCTO welcomes Trump's decision to renegotiate NAFTA
- Ford fires CEO Mark Fields, Hackett takes reins
- Google poised to roll out arsenal of services, gadgets