Pineapple and Pearls-Washingtonian's very best restaurant-was a nominee for best new restaurant, but it was beat out by Le Coucou in NY.
ATLANTA, GA -Atlanta chef Steven Satterfield of Miller Union has won the 2017 James Beard Award for Best Chef in the Southeast, Patch has learned. In the "Best Chef Northwest" category, Seattle finalists Edouardo Jordan (Salare and JuneBaby) and Rachel Yang and Seif Chirchi (Joule, Revel, and Trove and Portland's Revelry) lost to Portland's Greg Denton and Gabrielle Quiñónez Denton of Ox.
The restaurant is owned by Rick Bayless and Deann Bayless, whose Frontera restaurant in Chicago won the award in 2007.
A San Antonian has never won the best chef award, which is described as the Oscars of food. "We have in our restaurants always sought to put heart first".
Turkey's Erdogan says he has 'nothing to discuss' with EU
Turkey's main opposition leader on Tuesday said "a chairman of a political party can not be a president of 80 million". Most of the constitutional changes approved in the April 16 referendum will come into force in 2019.
Here's to hoping this city's great, hardworking chefs get a little more recognition next year. He was nominated for the top honor past year but didn't win.
The Beard Awards moved to Chicago in 2015 after being based in NY for more than 20 years.
With fluid moves, Bayless danced with and around his line cooks behind the bar at his restaurant in West Town during a planned after-party, as he and a couple hundred guests reveled in the afterglow of the Outstanding Restaurant award for Topolobampo. The James Beard Foundation announced last October that the awards will remain in Chicago through 2021. It was nominated in the Outstanding Bar Program category, which was won by Arnaud's French 75 Bar in New Orleans.
Shaya's chef de cuisine Zachary Engel was named the Rising Star Chef of the Year, adding to the accolades Alon Shaya's acclaimed modern Israeli restaurant has racked up in the last two years.
- Arsenal want to win FA Cup for Wenger, says Ramsey
- The Second Scottish Referendum on Independence is Closer than You Think
- Purchases 8178 Shares of Dr Pepper Snapple Group Inc. (DPS)
- Ag Secretary Says Trump's Turn On NAFTA Was Deal-Making
- Congress Reaches $1 Trillion Spending Deal to Fund Government Through September
- O'Reilly Still Denies Harassment Allegations After Fox News Ouster
- Uber takes to the skies with next ride-hailing project
- Trump's empathetic comments about Kim Jong Un
- Melania Trump helps open garden
- Trump to continue talking to Netanyahu about settlements -W.House