External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj on Tuesday rubbished reports that Congress leader Shashi Tharoor will help the Narendra Modi government in drafting a statement on Kulbhushan Jadhav to be read out in Parliament.
"The government strongly condemns it".
"No due process has been followed in the proceedings which is complete violation of basic norms of law, justice and worldwide relations", he added. "We should take up the matter with the United States and seek its intervention (to secure the release of Jadhav)", he said.
It was the first direct interaction between the army chief and the prime minister.
"He is a retired Indian Navy officer. The government will be seen as weak if it can not free him", Kharge said.
"The government has influence, please use it".
"We are making all efforts to get him back but we can't reveal the steps that will be taken to achieve it. It is our joint responsibility to save him", he said.
Eric Thames sets Brewers mark with 11th home run in April
Milwaukee optioned LHP Brent Suter to Colorado Springs in order to activate RHP Matt Garza to start Monday. Mesoraco is now on the disabled list following right hip surgery and is rehabbing with Double-A Pensacola.
"We have discussed the issue with Iran". No one is opposition or government. "We should take it up as world forum as well", Tharoor said.
The move has sharply escalated tension between India and Pakistan.
She said if the decision of the Pakistani court is implemented then it will be a pre-meditated murder asserting that there was no evidence against Jadhav.
In a letter issued to Basit and later released to the media, the foreign ministry said India's government had repeatedly sought consular access to Jadhav which was not permitted.
India has also retaliated by deciding it will not release 12 Pakistani prisoners who were cleared to return home today. Pakistan has said that Jadhav has a chance to appeal. In 2013, another Indian national Sarabjit Singh, who was sentenced to death for spying in Pakistan, died in jail after being attacked by fellow inmates.
Pakistani Field General Court Martial declared the death sentence verdict to Jadgav on Monday.
- Braves beat Padres 5-2 on opening night at new stadium
- Police say United passenger dragged off flight caused his own injuries
- Jeff Goldblum 'to reprise role in Jurassic World sequel'
- Search demotes shady results, adds user feedback
- Entire US Senate called to White House for North Korea briefing
- Not performing at Bieber concert: Sonakshi Sinha
- Ex-heptathlete To Get Beijing Olympic Bronze Upgrade
- Rites of postseason: LeBron looks for sweep, Clippers ailing
- US Senate confirms Sonny Perdue as agriculture secretary
- Donald Trump to order review of national monument designations