Leforce, the suspect in the Tuesday, April 18, 2017 fatal shooting of Logan County Sheriff's Deputy David Wade, has been taken into custody.
A Logan County Sheriff's deputy serving an eviction notice at 9:22 a.m. Tuesday was shot at least twice near Mulhall Road, according to the Oklahoma Highway Patrol.
The Logan County deputy was identified as David Wade.
After the shooting, officials say, Leforce, 45, stole the deputy's vehicle and fled.
Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere.
Authorities said Nathan Aaron LeForce, 45, shot Wade just before 8:45 a.m.in Mulhall when he was serving eviction papers.
Jackie Robinson broke Major League Baseball color barrier 70 years ago today
Since 2004, every player and coach in the major leagues wears No. 42 on April 15 in honor of Robinson breaking the color barrier. Now 94, Rachel Robinson is traveling from the East Coast to attend the unveiling, along with daughter Sharon and son David.
The auto stolen from the convenience store was located Tuesday morning near Jaxton Road and County Road 77. Wade was taken to OU Medical's trauma center by helicopter, but later died of his injuries.
Robbins, who met Wade when he began attending Bible Baptist Church around the age of 10, said it surprised no one when Wade made a decision to go into law enforcement. There he stole another vehicle, which has since been found near Guthrie.
Law officers set up an area to search about 5 miles west of Langston between Midwest Boulevard and Post Road between east-west county roads 77 and 76, said trooper John Vincent, Oklahoma Highway Patrol spokesman.
It wasn't immediately clear what charges LeForce might face.
The Oklahoma City Police Department shared their "deepest condolences" to Wade's family on Twitter.
- Trump attacks lead Democrat in Georgia congressional race
- Thumbs-up for electronic sports at the 2022 Asian Games
- Nintendo Switch: The Fastest Selling Console For Nintendo
- Gallup: Trump Drops 17 Points on Whether He Keeps His Promises
- Another nearby planet found that may be just right for life
- Goodbye Girls: Redeeming An Irredeemable Character
- WWE Spoilers: Upcoming Women's Championship Match Announced
- New Zealand tightens immigration rules in 'Kiwi-first' crackdown
- Volkswagen's I.D. Crozz concept forecasts an autonomous, electric future
- Madrid Sees Off Bayern in Controversial Thriller to Reach Semis